Monday 13 October 2008

SLAPSEFJELL




My new book has finally arrived from the printers! It's really quite amazing to see the final product after having worked on it for almost a year. I was really struggling at times, to keep the momentum, the quality and the enthusiasm up, but now that it's done and dusted I think it was all worth it. 
The story is not really a story as such. It's "a day in the life" of a made up mountain village in Norway called Slapsefjell (Slush Mountain), where you are taken on a tour around the town centre and ski slopes, get a chance to meet some of the local characters and see what's going on. It's a "homage" to the Norwegian winter,  the culture of cabin trips, skiing and the great outdoors (Something I really miss during the wet winters in Bristol!).
It's published by MAGIKON, a tiny publishing business set up by my friends and ex-colleagues Svein Størksen and Kristin Roskifte, who are both brilliant illustrators. This autumn they are publishing two other picture books ( one by Roskifte and Jan Kjærstad, and another by the fabulous Yokoland crew) as well as a nice little book on the super-amazing norwegian "pop artist",  Hariton Pushwagner. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Your book is amazing. I live in the U.S and would like to buy a copy. I cannot find it for sale online. How would I purchase your book. Thanks, --Lori

Bjorn Rune Lie said...

Hi Lori!

Thanks a bunch!
Sorry about it being so hard to get hold of the book. My publisher's online shop is not really up and running yet....But I'm waiting for a batch of books at the moment, so if you send me an e-mail (bjorn@bjornlie.com) with your address I can post it to you!

Cheers,
Bjorn

juju said...

Hi Bjorn
Came along to the open studios on the weekend and really loved the work - brought the book of course! Just love the colours!!
Saving up for one of the pics...still love those shoes you had on the wall!
Will be watching the blog...
-julie-

Fine Little Day said...

Such nice work!